The attack is believed to be the consequence of their 'disobedience.'
“The insurgents killed 25 people, injured 5 before setting ablaze some houses and fled away. They had earlier sent messages around warning us not to encourage democracy by participating in the today’s election,” Garba, who fled to Biu town, the local government headquarters, told newsmen.
He explained that the gunmen arrived the town at about 4 a.m. driving two vehicles and several motorcycles.
Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, told journalists in Maiduguri that his Commissioner for Education, who is from Buratai district, had called to inform him that he participated in the burial of the 25 murdered persons.
Suspected Boko Haram militants also attacked Gombe towns Saturday as election process got underway, killing at least 10 people.
No comments:
Post a Comment